We need your help! The Blackstone Parks Conservancy consists entirely of volunteers who tackle important projects in Blackstone Park Conservation District and Blackstone Boulevard Park. There are many opportunities for you to help, ranging from a short one-time commitment all the way to ongoing involvement in the Conservancy. We are looking for individuals and groups, young and old, the physically strong and the desk strong! You will be amazed at how much you will learn, at your invigorating workout, and at how great you will feel contributing to these special parks.
To get involved, you can:
- Attend one of our events and talk with our volunteers, or
- Sign up to volunteer for any of the volunteer opportunities listed below by using the form on the right; or
- Set up a meeting with a volunteer to learn more about the Conservancy and how you can get involved.
Please consider any of the following:
FAMILY AND ADULT ORIENTED PROGRAMS
- Help create programs and activities for children.
- Plan and lead educational walks and talks.
- Help us develop a special area for children.
Many of these projects are appropriate for groups or individuals interested in service hours. Typical projects include but are not limited to the following:
- Trail maintenance
- Invasive plant removal
- Weeding, planting, watering
BPC COMMITTEE WORK
Education Committee: Sponsors educational events and programs for children and adults.
Boulevard Committee: Stewardship of Blackstone Boulevard. Organizes trolley shelter concerts, weeding and planting, tree sponsorships, and more.
Park Committee: Stewardship of Blackstone Park Conservation District. Responsible for policy and implementation of solutions to issues affecting the ecology and health of the parks.
New Outreach and PR Committee – We are currently seeking leaders and key volunteers to coordinate outreach and volunteers. This committee will:
- Communicate with media and potential volunteers, groups and individuals.
- Work on website.
- Post and deliver flyers.
- Community outreach.