During the pandemic we have limited our educational activities to the monthly series “Art & Science in the Park”, hosted by Melissa Guillet of 15 Minute Field Trips focusing on community action to protect wildlife, promote biodiversity, and combat climate change. The schedule for those events is posted here.
When health regulations permit, we look forward to restarting our schedule of time-proven group activities. These include:
- Spring BirdWatch walk with outstanding guide Dan Berard,
- SummerConcert with Srinivas Reddy performing classical Indian music,
- RiverRide, a water tour of the northern Seekonk basin with Save The Bay,
- Jazz In the Park with Wendy Klein and the Rhode Island Philharmonic Music School,
- MoonRise on the Seekonk, celebrating the first full moon in August with Joe’s Backyard Band, and
- Winter DuckWalk, with Dan Berard.
These are only the events we know about now (Spring, 2021). Other events always spontaneously materialize, and while we do our best to get the word out, it helps if you keep an eye on our “events” page.
All our events are free and open to the public. However, some of them require registration because places are limited. You will find this information on the event page.
And, while our events are free to you, they are not free to us and we are grateful for any donations you make at our events, which go to supporting future events.
Come visit our Children’s Circle, located in the woods just at the edge of Blackstone Field across from the Narragansett Boat Club. It’s a nice place to eat your lunch, have a birthday party, read a story out loud, or do any number of child-centered activities. Sometimes you’ll find us in the circle, hosting some sort of activity.
We are a volunteer organization and are always looking to add helping hands. The Education Program needs help from people drawn to organizing events that bring the public into the beauties of Blackstone Park: if this is you, see the volunteer page on our website.
- Totally Turtles Saturday, July 10, 2021
- Classical Indian Music Sunday, July 18, 2021
- Bug Hunt Saturday, August 14, 2021
- Mysterious Mushrooms Saturday, October 9, 2021
- Leaf Creatures Saturday, November 13, 2021
- Winter Birds Saturday, December 11, 2021